Theories On Vortexes & Ectoplasm
A common paranormal phenomenon that is encountered are vortexes and ectoplasm. These are just as common as orbs for the most part. As in orbs there are also theories on this phenomenon. We also have our own theories on this just as anyone else would. Personally, we believe that vortexes are the portal between dimensions in which ghosts travel through, whether that be from their world to ours or between sub-dimensions that may exist in the Hereafter. We believe that ectoplasm is un-concentrated spirit energy that is dissipated and which can form into orbs too. Both are commonly captured on film and video. Listed below are some more theories on these two topics.
Here are some theories on vortexes:
1. Vortexes could very well be portals from dimension to dimension, which is the theory we go with. This is probably the most well excepted theory at the time of this writing.
2. Another theory is that a vortex may be of an orb or orbs in motion. Maybe that’s why it sometimes seems to look like that there are orbs forming a contrail in photographs but they could be just traveling through the vortex, either way both are plausible theories. The orb theory could also explain why the vortex always seems to be bending in different directions.
3. This is another cheap theory that most skeptics go by is that the vortex could just be a camera strap. We viewed some pictures in which the camera strap got in the way of the lens and it looks pretty convincing to the untrained eye. We rarely use cameras with a strap and if you do you should keep it out of the way of the lens or simply wear it on your wrist. Usually when the vortex seems twisting or seems to look fake its probably a strap. Here is a photo with camera strap. This does not explain all the strange pictures of transparent vortexes and the orbs moving through them. Most ghost researchers can explain camera straps away the instant they see them. For example, if the “vortex” is too dark, has a uniform pattern like stitching, or is bent in such a way to suggest a camera strap!
Here are some theories on ectoplasm:
1. The theory we support is that ectoplasm is un-condensed spirit energy that has simply not yet formed into orbs or even an Apparition. Many ghost researchers find this theory to be the most plausible.
2. Another theory (well, not a theory but a fact) is that so-called “ectoplasm” is simply clouds or fog which can be outside which effect the lens which can make these supposedly “paranormal” images appear. This has happened several times to us so make sure you go out when conditions are fine, no wind, fog, rain, dust, snow, etc. and remember to make sure that the lens of your camera is ABSOLUTELY clean.
3. Another theory is that ectoplasm could be electro-magnetic energy from the Earth but we don’t go by this theory since electromagnetic fields are usually are at their strongest during lunar cycles and cannot usually be strong enough energy-wise to be caught on film. If the electro-magnetic theory is true then why so many authentic ectoplasm photos.
4. Another plausible theory is that ectoplasm is residual spirit energy that is left behind from a spirit that we recently in the area of where the photo was taken; this may coincide with Theory 1.
If you have a different view or want to share more with us, please send us an email. Selected opinions would be posted here for follow up.